A lot of people ask the question, “Can you make money blogging with Wix?”. The answer is yes, you can make money blogging with Wix. Wix allows you to create a blog quickly and easily and you can monetize your Wix blog just like any other blog. You don’t necessarily even need any technical skills or knowledge of HTML to install it. You can get your very own blog up and running in minutes.
In this article, we will explore the pros and cons of blogging with Wix and provide you with exact steps on how to create a money-making Wix blog.
What is Wix?
Wix is a website builder that allows you to create beautiful and professional websites without any previous web design experience.
They offer countless features such as contact forms, free stock images, and mobile-friendly designs.
Each account comes with a free domain name, premium templates, secure hosting, and customer support.
How does Wix work?
Wix was built on a simple idea: make it easy for ANYONE to create and manage a beautiful, professional website.
The first step is to select from their wide range of pre-made templates that can be customized with your content and images.
Finally, publish your website to the web in just one click! And if you’re not quite ready for public viewing (none of us are), then switch your site to online-only mode instead.
What makes Wix better than competitors such as Weebly or Jimdo?
Sure, they do offer some of the same features as Wix, but which is best comes down to preference.
The real differentiator, in my opinion, is how easy Wix is to use!
First-time web builders often get stuck when it comes to designing and coding a new site.
Thanks to its drag-and-drop interface and hundreds of templates, anyone can build a customized website within minutes.
Is Wix good for blogging?
Wix is best known for its DIY website builder, but did you know it’s also one of the most recent free blogging websites?
This could be an option for personal bloggers who want to save money and time when blogging.
To answer the question of whether Wix is good for blogging, let’s look at the benefits and drawbacks of using Wix as a blogging platform:
- The most basic version is free, with no strings attached. You just sign up and get started!
- A variety of themes to choose from. If you’re not very tech-savvy, this can be very helpful when wanting to customize your blog with different styles.
- They offer many different hosting options that range from personal to business plans.
- Doesn’t require a lot of maintenance in the long run.
- Extremely easy to use, even for people who don’t know how to code or design websites!
- Does not support HTTPS SSL on a free plan, meaning if you ever want to sell ad space or affiliate links on your blog, you won’t be able to do it securely without upgrading to the paid version.
- No email service is offered for free accounts. This means you’ll have to find an alternative method of managing all your user emails (or pay a small price every month).
- Can work out to be more expensive than an alternative service in the long run.
- Ecommerce functionalities are not as good as competitor platforms, such as Shopify.
- Even if you sign up for a Premium plan, your website will not be 100% customizable with Wix. Most of the basic pages cannot be edited from the page editor, such as your .php files and other scripts that websites often use. For example, you won’t be able to edit the sidebar.php file, but only the live template that it is currently attached to.
Still not quite sure if this option is for you? Here are some more things you need to know about blogging with Wix.
Is it free?
Wix is free to use for up to 500MB of storage and limited features. Whilst this is fine for a small website, it might be an issue if you are planning to publish a lot of content. Users who need more space and advanced features can opt for one of the paid plans.
Can I use my own domain with Wix?
You cannot sign up using your own domain name if you want to use the free option. But you can buy a domain name and use the WIX premium plan to link it up if you want to go with Wix.
Do I need any coding or design skills?
No, definitely not! With Wix, anyone can build a website simply & fast.
No HTML knowledge required – just point and click.
But if you would like more control over your site’s appearance then check out their advanced editing tools which allow you to edit all aspects of your site’s design.
So, is Wix good for blogging?
Wix offers free sites that are user-friendly and mobile-ready, but also provides full support for premium plans if you want access to more features than offered by their basic free plan.
It’s an extremely simple, easy-to-use platform and it could work for personal blogs where the main focus is sharing content.
But keep in mind that your website will not be very customizable. If you are planning to make your blog into a business, this is an important consideration.
If you decide to create a blog on Wix anyway and wish to switch later you can easily export your content and migrate it to another platform like WordPress or Blogger.
How does Wix compare to WordPress?
Wix and WordPress are both popular blogging platforms. But they cater to different needs and have different features.
Wix is great if you want a quick website to get started, don’t need much customization, or don’t know HTML, but definitely isn’t for those who want complete control over their blogging platform.
Wix offers free hosting of your site, which is great if you don’t want to pay monthly fees.
But because Wix runs on ad revenue, this means that certain features will remain locked unless the user upgrades to one of their paid plans – so sites with complex layouts or multimedia may cause pages with slower load times than basic sites built in WordPress, etc.
Blogging platforms like WordPress allow greater customizability because users can edit the HTML and CSS to change the appearance of every aspect of their blog.
They also offer many more free themes and plugins that extend their functionality further – perfect for bloggers looking for additional features.
However, there is a greater learning curve when it comes to WordPress, using different plugins, or editing HTML code.
To sum up… both platforms have their pros and cons – but whether you choose one over the other really depends on what your needs are!
Different types of blogs that can be created on Wix
Numerous different types of blogs and websites can be created on Wix, depending on your content needs and the features you want. Here are some examples to inspire you:
- Personal blog – great for sharing your thoughts on anything & everything with family & friends!
- Photoblog – upload photos from your smartphone or computer to create a photoblog.
- Business blog – advertise your products or services by creating a personalized business blog using Wix.
- Ecommerce store – Wix has the functionality to create an eCommerce website, although you might want to look into alternatives if this is the main focus of your website.
- Niche blog – dedicated a specific niche, whether it’s gardening or blogging.
- Portfolio website – Aspiring artists can set up a website to showcase their skills, upload headshots, and demo reels, or showcase visual creations.
- Freelancers can advertise their work online with testimonials and portfolios on their freelancing website, or start an online CV for potential employers to visit.
This doesn’t even scratch the surface of the variety of websites that can be created with Wix.
Every blog niche you can think of (and many you’ve never heard of) exists on Wix and is built by a community member like yourself.
Whatever the blog type and niche, with Wix you will be able to create content, have an email opt-in form, monetize your blog and do all the other things bloggers do these days.
How do I set up a blog on Wix?
It’s simple! The whole process literally takes minutes, and we will walk you through it:
Create a Wix account or signup with Google/Facebook
Choose a domain name and click “Get started with your site!
Select “Blog” site
Select what kind of features your site needs: forms, chat, online store.
Follow the onscreen prompts to choose a template or start with an empty slate
6. Now it’s time to get your blog up and running by either importing content from other sites (e.g. Google Docs, WordPress, Evernote) or create some content from scratch.
If you’re not quite ready for public viewing, switch your site to online-only mode instead.
And if you have any technical questions during the process you can always seek help on their forums.
The Mobile Wix App, available on both iOS and Google Play, makes it even easier to edit and publish your website on the go – so you can update it from anywhere, at any time.
P.S. For more tips on blogging on the go, check out my guide about blogging without a laptop.
Can you make money blogging with Wix?
Yes, you can make money blogging with Wix! Many people successfully monetize their Wix blogs.
Your blog is your own little piece of the internet to do with what you want, so why not try using it to make some extra cash?
When you create your blog on Wix, you’ll have the option to monetize it by adding advertisements. There are both text ad spaces as well as banner ad spaces available – these are easily arranged in just a few clicks of your mouse.
However, there are many other ways to monetize your blog, so feel free to turn off the ad spaces if you don’t want them. Wix is flexible enough to allow you to do whatever you please with your page!
Want more ideas for a Wix blog monetization? Well, read on!
Ways you can make money from blogging using this platform
Here we have compiled some ideas that other Wix bloggers have used to successfully monetize their blogs. Pick and choose which might work for you and try them out!
One of the main ways to make money blogging with Wix is to have a website that frequently has visitors, and then to use an ad network to place ads on your content pages.
Advertisers will pay to have their ads appear in front of people who are likely to be interested in them based on what they see when they visit your site.
The advertisers pay the owner of the website where their ads appear.
So, if you have a Wix-based blog that has high traffic and is frequently visited by people interested in making money online, your blog could potentially earn you hundreds of dollars each month just from ad revenue!
You can also earn even more money if you choose to place sponsored posts on your blog.
Sponsored posts are articles you create & feature on your blog that has been paid for by a company to promote their product or service.
This is a great way to earn money blogging as it allows you to write about what you’re passionate about, and then make money from advertisers who want to spread the word about their business and what they offer.
Another way you can make money blogging with Wix is through affiliate marketing.
This is when a company pays you to link back to their site in your blog post, giving them credit for the sale of any items you recommend.
A great example would be if you love baking cakes and create a tutorial about how to decorate cupcakes with buttercream – you could recommend that your readers buy buttercream from a business you like (with a link to their site in the article), and when they go on to buy this product, you get a percentage of the sale.
This is an effective way to make money blogging as it’s very easy for people to visit your page and click through – all you need to do is make sure you keep up with producing relevant content that has real value for your readers.
Classes & Workshops
You can also earn money blogging by hosting classes or workshops around a particular topic you write about on your blog. This requires a slightly bigger time commitment, but it’s a great way to get more involved in your industry and add some value outside of just writing content on your site.
You can even do this online with a webcam and internet connection. Hold weekly or monthly classes on topics your readers would be interested in, and offer to sell electronic versions of the class or workshop in a digital format (e.g. video, audio, PDFs).
Add an email sign-up form to grow your audience and use that list to create an email series around the subject you teach.
Products & Services
You can also make money blogging by selling your own products or services through your site. This requires a fair bit of work on your end, but if you do it correctly it will be worth it.
Another great way to make money blogging is to write about what you know, and then use your blog to promote products or services that solve problems for your audience.
People are always looking for ways to improve the way they do things, so as long as you write about something valuable, people will be more than happy to pay money for it. And who knows…they may even turn into loyal customers!
How much could I make blogging using Wix?
It really depends on how much time & effort you’re willing to put in, what your blog is about, and how effectively you can market it!
You could make anywhere between $50 and $5000 (and more!) per month blogging using Wix.
The sky really is the limit.
Things that will help you increase your Wix blog income are:
- Making sure your blog stands out from the crowd
- Regularly producing unique, high-value content for your readers
- Creating a friendly & welcoming atmosphere on your blog that makes people want to stick around and come back for more!
- Making sure that your blog is easy to navigate and has a simple layout that people can work their way around
- Gaining traffic from Google & social media sites with SEO and high-quality content so you have a steady stream of readers coming back for more
- Building relationships with companies who might be interested in advertising on your site
As long as you work hard and don’t give up, you can make a lot of money blogging with Wix!
Recap: Can You Make Money Blogging With Wix?
If you’re looking to make money blogging, Wix is a great tool for getting started.
Whether you want to write articles or create an entire website with your own domain name, their platform has the functionality and flexibility that’s needed in today’s digital world.
Though it may sound too good to be true, there are many success stories of people who have made a living through blogging.
It is not an easy task but if you can dedicate yourself at least for several hours each day, then this could be the opportunity that helps you escape your 9-5 job.
Are you interested in blogging with Wix? Sign up HERE.
What do you think about blogging with a Wix website? Leave your comment below!