The question that many people ask themselves is when they should start blogging. There are two answers to this question: now and yesterday!
Blogging has become a great way for businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals to share their thoughts with the world. But is it too late to start blogging in 2022?
Some think that blogging days are over. I can assure you from my own experience, that this is not the case and that there are many reasons why blogging will be popular for a very long time.
It doesn’t matter if you are starting on your own with zero knowledge, there are plenty of ways to get traffic and eventually make money with your blog!
Is blogging dead?
No, it is not! Despite people often thinking so. Here are some popular myths about why blogging is dead:
- Blogging now is for established bloggers only, it’s too hard for new bloggers to get ahead – False! Everyone can start blogging no matter what their knowledge or experience level is. Getting ahead in 2022 is all about strategy. True – you probably won’t see any traction if you just start posting whatever you want on your blog. But with the right keyword research strategy as well as a solid marketing strategy you can still beat big bloggers in search results. Remember – the pro bloggers earning big bucks were also amateurs at some point.
- Instagram/Facebook/TikTok is the new blogging – False! These social media channels are valuable assets that you should explore. However, not everyone wants to share their thoughts on these platforms or they want a more private channel for sharing. Perhaps you are not a visual person and Instagram is not your field. Blogging enables greater levels of control over one’s content and lets you choose your communication style.
- Blogging takes too much time – False! It doesn’t have to take a lot of effort or be an extra burden on your day-to-day activities. Blogging can easily become part of your weekly routine if you set aside some dedicated hours for it every week, even as little as a few hours over the weekend.
- Blogging takes too much effort – False! Blogging can be as simple or complex as you want it to be. You can just simply start with content creation. Just do that for the first few months before you even start thinking about how to market your blog. Going at your own pace is fine. The great thing about blogging is that there are so many tools out there, including free ones, which help in simplifying your technical needs and making the process more efficient (e.g., blogging platforms, plugins, social media schedulers).
- Blogging is not a great way to make money – False! Blogging can still be very profitable if you know how to monetize your blog properly and have the right content strategy. There are many different ways of making money from blogging and it doesn’t have to involve Google ads or affiliate marketing alone. This should only be one part of your overall strategy.
- Blogging is just a trend – False! Blogging has been around for over 20 years now, so it’s not a fad or something that people will forget about soon. This means there are plenty of resources available online if you want to start learning how to become a blogger.
Is blogging easy?
Of course, it isn’t. The truth is that creating a blog can be quite overwhelming.
There are many things to cover before you even publish your first post.
There are indeed some factors that make the process difficult for new bloggers but they do not have to stop them from starting.
It is a good idea for those who are just starting to read as much as they can about blogging and digital marketing in general.
Follow bloggers that share advice about best blogging practices.
If you can, definitely invest in some blogging courses – they can save a TONNE of time and prevent you from making mistakes that others have already made before you!
Is it too late to start blogging?
No, it is not too late to start a blog, but you might have more competition now (depending on the niche).
So, what can you do to start a blog and make money? Here are 9 strategies to make blogging work in 2022:
- Pick a niche. It is easier to keep your writing consistent when you only blog about one topic. Niching down can be an important factor in your blogging success.
- Write content that does not exist yet – if possible, try something new or use an innovative approach. Make your content better than your competition’s. Write engagingly and try to address the biggest pain points in your niche.
- Invest in your blog. You need to spend money before you can make it back, so don’t be afraid of investing in services and tools that will help you run a better blog (e.g. a hosting platform to make your website look professional). Blogging courses helped me in the beginning, to make sense of all the different information out there. If you want to market your blog on Pinterest, there are some amazing step-by-step courses on how to make Pinterest work in 2022.
- Get an attractive theme and that converts. A theme Is the face of your blog. A good theme will make your website memorable, user-friendly, easy to understand, and navigate.
- Blog consistently – at least once per week! This is very important because your audience needs to know when they can expect new content and this will also help you stay on track with your writing. In my opinion, the main reason a lot of blogs fail is that the blogger gives up and stops publishing content before they start seeing results. YOU NEED A LOT OF CONTENT. Blogging consistently will help you achieve success faster.
- Try different ways of marketing your blog. There is Google SEO, Pinterest marketing, you should also start at least one social media account for your blog (pick the platform that you already know and understand what people like to see on it). Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok can be great supplemental tools to grow your blog audience. P.S. Come say hi on Instagram!
- Create beautiful blog graphics. I highly recommend Canva for all things related to your blog graphics – logos, banners, pins, blog post images, social media graphics and so much more! Canva is free, but you can also pay for a pro version to unlock some extra cool features and get access to more stock images.
- Don’t be afraid of experimenting! Try different types of posts, like video blogging or podcasts. You might even want to try some paid advertising campaigns if you feel confident about them – it is a good way to generate more income from your website.
- Be patient. Blogging is not an overnight success. Be prepared to put in a lot of work and see ZERO results in the first YEAR. However, if you are persistent and consistent, eventually you will start reaping the results of your hard work. Just don’t quit your day job yet – as an average, bloggers report it can take 1-3 years to start seeing some income from your blog.
Is it even worth it?
Sound like a long game, doesn’t it?
Yup, blogging is most definitely a long-term game.
And you know what?
I still say it is 100% worth it. It’s all about determination. If you are determined enough to see this journey through, you could be making twice your current salary working from home in a couple of years.
I don’t know about you, but I’m sold!
Final thoughts: Is it too late to start a blog in 2022?
It’s never too late to start a blog. Starting in 2022 may be a perfect time! There are so many strategies you can use to make your blogging work and not surprisingly, it will take some hard work on your part for this endeavor to pay off. However, if you have determination and patience then there is no reason why you shouldn’t try it out and get started with blogging now. Who knows what might happen?
What is blogging, exactly?
Is writing a blog the same as writing an article? Yes and no! One of the main differences between creating a blog post and writing an article is that a blog entry has more room to explore multiple topics, you can use your own unique voice and add more personality to your blog.
How do I start blogging?
The easiest way is by signing up for Bluehost hosting plan (you can buy a domain name at the same time) and then installing WordPress on your Bluehost cPanel.
I am shy. Can I blog without showing my face?
Absolutely. The good thing about blogging is that there are no official rules on how you should be doing it. If you don’t want to show your face or even disclose your name, you can blog anonymously.
What should I do if Pinterest is not working for me?
There can be multiple reasons why your Pinterest pins are not getting views. Usually, these are easy to fix. Pinterest is a long-term game, so make sure you are not expecting overnight results.
How should I choose a blogging niche?
A good way to choose a niche is to go through your current skills and passions – what are you good at? What is your profession? What could you talk/write about non-stop? That is your blogging niche.