Grounding affirmations can help you achieve an amazing sense of security and self-assuredness.
To feel grounded is to be sensible, unfazed, and emotionally stable. When we call a person grounded, we usually say that with a certain level of admiration. A grounded person is someone reasonable, someone who knows themselves well, does not get distracted, and always puts their values first. They are secure in themselves and not easily swayed.
Many of us know how easy it is to start feeling overwhelmed. Something happens, and our minds start spiraling. Negative thoughts can overtake your life in moments like that unless you consciously interrupt this pattern and bring yourself back to the present moment. Positive affirmations are one of the best ways to do that.
Using them intentionally can ground you and bring your unsettled mind back to your true self. If you feel like you are lacking a sense of safety and deep inner peace in your daily life, our list of grounding affirmations will help you change that.
What Are Grounding Affirmations?
Grounding meditation has ancient origins. Hindu tantrism teaches that the Root chakra (Muladhara chakra), which is the first chakra out of seven and located at the base of the spine, is closely related to feeling grounded. The imbalance of this sacral chakra can result in low self-esteem, and feeling unsafe. Ancient meditation practices even teach that the physical body is connected to our belief systems, and therefore, an imbalanced root chakra can also have physical manifestations in the human body.
It is important to know that daily affirmations are a powerful tool, whether you are a spiritual person or not. These short positive statements remind your subconscious mind of what it already knew but got distracted from. They can lift your mood, increase self-awareness and act as anxiety relief.
The affirmations are phrased in the present tense, to stop you from worrying about the future or feeling haunted by the past. This can be a wonderful coping skill when you come across obstacles in life.
Bonus! Inside the article, you will find 8 beautiful phone wallpapers with grounding affirmations on them. Just save the images on your phone, and you can use them as a phone background or as a lock screen image!
135 Grounding Affirmations to Feel Rooted and Safe
- I am safe.
- I am grounded.
- I belong here.
- I am whole and complete.
- My body is relaxed.
- I am loved and looked after.
- I am thankful for what I have.
- I am in the right place at the right time.
- My thoughts and feelings are valid.
- I have everything I need.
- I release the day.
- It is okay to be exactly as I am.
- I am present.
- All is well in my world.
- It is safe for me to be at peace.
- I trust myself.
- I am ready for what’s to come.
- I keep going to see beautiful things unfold.
- I am secure and comfortable in my body.
- I am free to choose my reaction.
- I embrace the ability to stay calm in all situations.
- I am worthy of love.
- I have pure strength at my core.
- I am thankful for the Earth.
- There is an abundance of love.
- I am a child of the Universe.
- I am supported.
- I am grateful for nature and all that is.
- I am my priority.
- It is safe for me to completely relax.
- I know my worth.
- I am thankful for the home I have.
- I am thankful for the food I eat.
- I choose to fill my mind with healing and positive thoughts.
- I am rooted.
- I listen to my intuition and honor my needs.
- I surrender the fear.
- I trust in the good and I allow it to enter my life.
- The past is finished.
- I know who I am.
- I am part of Mother Earth.
- I am at peace with everything that is.
- I am patient with myself.
- The foundation of my being has no fear.
- I am entirely safe.
- I have deep roots and I am untethered.
- I love myself.
- I am in control.
- I am humble enough to learn and grow.
- I embrace the lessons that come my way.
- Deep inner peace is my natural state.
- I don’t have to prove myself to anyone.
- I am allowed to do what I want in life.
- I am one with the world.
- I can be who I am.
- Things are falling into place for me.
- I look towards the good that awaits me.
- I am unwavering.
- I release intrusive thoughts.
- I am safe even in difficult situations.
- My mind is at ease.
- My heart is full.
- I am thankful for this season of my life.
- I feel a sense of security.
- Everything will pass.
- I inhale peace and exhale worry.
- I am having the experiences I need to have.
- I am on my own journey.
- I honor who I am.
- I release self-doubt.
- My inner self knows what to do.
- I am true to myself.
- I deserve to take up space.
- I am a beautiful person, inside and out.
- I am here.
- I respect myself.
- I am all I need to be happy.
- When storms come, I remain rooted firmly to the ground.
- The choices I make are connected to my inner wisdom.
- I am valued and appreciated.
- I forgive myself.
- I give myself permission to heal.
- My will is strong and I am courageous.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I allow myself not to judge myself.
- I am enough.
- My body takes care of me.
- I am calm and strong.
- I am always connected.
- I am always guided.
- The Universe is working on my behalf.
- I am one with my true self.
- I am calmer and calmer with every breath I take.
- I am thankful for every breath I take.
- What I am experiencing is temporary.
- I let go of what I cannot change.
- I let the Universe guide me.
- I am fully protected.
- I am one with my mind, body, and spirit.
- Nothing can harm me.
- I am confident and powerful.
- I am stronger than I think.
- I am at home, wherever I am.
- I am centered and peaceful.
- I let go of worrying.
- I am awake and aware.
- I am deeply connected to the earth.
- I am continuously restored.
- I am focused on my values.
- My spirit is eternally safe.
- Whatever I do today, is enough.
- I do my best.
- My mind is clear and focused.
- I nourish and care for my body.
- I am in flow with life.
- My inner peace is always present.
- My home is safe and full of love.
- The unknown is safe for me.
- I forgive myself and set myself free.
- I let go of the old and make way for the new.
- I am proud of how far I’ve come.
- I am not behind. I am exactly where I need to be.
- I trust the process.
- I am absolutely adequate for all situations in life.
- I accept myself.
- I accept the world.
- I accept others as they are.
- Releasing stress is easy.
- I release the energy that I have in healthy ways.
- I am anchored in the present moment.
- I welcome peace into every area of my life.
- I am tuned into my body.
- I am thankful for my senses.
- I am grateful for my mind.
- I move forward with courage and faith.
How To Use These Grounding Affirmations
How to start practicing affirmations
There is no rulebook on how to use affirmations! But if you are quite new to this, for best results you may wish to choose one (or a combination) of the following routines:
- Select one or a few affirmations from the list to focus on.
- Repeat it throughout the day whenever you remember to.
- Repeat it a few times first thing after waking up.
- Repeat it a few times before bed.
- Repeat it while looking in the mirror.
- Repeat it during your meditation.
- Read them all in one go whenever you feel distressed.
- Write it down in your journal daily.
- Write it on post-it notes and put them in visible places.
- Save the images with the affirmation from this article on your phone and use them as phone wallpapers.
- Choose a new affirmation to focus on daily/weekly/monthly or any other timeframe that suits your needs.
How often should I repeat my affirmations?
As often as you’d like! However, I don’t recommend overdoing it to the point where it feels forced, unnatural, or like a chore. The goal of an affirmation practice is to have a positive effect on your mind, body, and emotions. Repeat them as much as you want, provided it has a positive effect on you.
How long will it take to see results from these grounding affirmations?
You may find that some of the affirmations really speak to you and help you elevate your state almost instantly. In other cases, it might take more practice and a continuous affirmations routine to start changing how you feel. It is very subjective, but as long as you are putting intention behind your words, your inner self will start recognizing and believing it more and more, and you should notice the difference in how grounded and secure you feel.
I hope you found this list of affirmations useful! Check out our other articles for more helpful tips and tricks on living a happy life and don’t forget to share on Pinterest!